Raspberry Pi Home Automation with Arduino By Andrew K. Dennis
Automate your home with a set of exciting projects for the Raspberry Pi!
- Learn how to dynamically adjust your living environment with detailed step-by-step examples.
- Discover how you can utilize the combined power of the Raspberry Pi and Arduino for your own projects.
- Revolutionize the way you interact with your home on a daily basis.
Low-cost and high-performing, with a massively diverse range of uses and applications, the Raspberry Pi is set to revolutionize the way we think about computing and programming. By combining the Raspberry Pi with an Arduino board you’ll be able to revolutionize the way you interact with your home and become part of a rapidly growing group of hobbyists and enthusiasts.
This essential reference will guide you through a series of exciting projects that will allow you to automate your very own home. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step examples, diagrams, and explanations you will not only find it incredibly productive but also highly engaging and informative.
Assuming no prior knowledge, our detailed practical examples will guide you through building hardware and software solutions using the Raspberry Pi and Arduino. You will learn how you can use thermistors and relays to keep cool and stay in the shade whilst also utilizing electrical motors and photoresistors. These meticulously designed tutorials will form the basis of automating your entire home and getting you started with dozens of potential projects.
What you will learn from this book
- Install an operating system for your Raspberry Pi.
- Set up the Raspberry Pi and Arduino bridge shield.
- Learn how to work with electronic components to build small circuits.
- Develop applications that interact with your circuits.
- Use thermistors and photoresistors to monitor and control your surroundings.
- Control your own mains power with a relay shield and even connect a motor to your Raspberry Pi.
“Raspberry Pi Home Automation with Arduino” is an easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide for automating your home using the revolutionary ARM GNU/Linux board.
Who this book is written for
Even if you have no prior experience with the Raspberry Pi or home automation you can pick up this book and develop these amazing projects. Full of detailed step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and images this essential guide allows you to revolutionize the way you interact with your home. If you don’t know where to start, then this is the perfect book for you.